Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ow and then some.

It's been all about pain today.  Having pain is like wearing blinders... there's nothing but pain.  I have a high tolerance, but today it was bad.  I took narcotics and went to work.  Agony. After a few hours I asked Eric to take me home.  More narcotics, more agony, and no position that would relieve the pain in my spine even a little bit.
 
Eric spoke with my oncologist through my caseworker.  We upped the narcotics (to 4x's the original amount I was taking), added ibuprofen, and have had the scheduling of the scans expediated.
 
Now I'm in a narcotic fog, but the pain is just a dream in the background that swells and subsides.  This is a good, good, thing.
 
It's getting to be impossible to predict what the next day will bring around here.  I hope it's something good.

No comments: