Sunday, April 16, 2006

I am Risen!

I didn't get up until 9:00 AM this morning -- quite a late resurrection for me this Easter morning.

I've been stacking up my Easter memories like poker chips and playing with them to judge their height. It's a paltry stack.

As a kid, of course, I loved the holiday because Easter = candy. My memories of Easter (in chronological order) are:

1. Dying Easter eggs and decorating them w/ little decals.

2. My mother complaining about all the Easter basket grass everywhere.

3. Having a screaming, crying, fit because Paul and Mark received chocolate Easter bunnies and I got a chocolate Easter something-else. The boys worked me into a frenzy about this, then disavowed all knowledge when I cried. Eventually my mother threw my chocolate something-else into the trash.

4. Mary making my Easter basket one year -- it was super-deluxe, and included both candy and extra special stuff like lip gloss and small stuffed animals!

5. Being given a very nice basket made of chocolate with extra fancy chocolates inside, and the dog, Charlie (who was getting to be quite old) eating the entire thing. (Not typical Charlie behavior, I can tell you.)

6. Dying Easter eggs black with Mark and Paul as teenagers/young adults. Being told by our mother that we were devil worshippers. Laughing.

7. Years and years of happy Easter mornings with Eric. And finally...

8. Making a bunny cake from scratch. Pennie saying: That was a YELLOW cake?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait. That was a yellow cake? Really?

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a White Cake...That what I was trying to say...