Thursday, April 06, 2006

Day of Rest

I haven't been blogging much lately on accounta I haven't had much to say. Things have been quiet, which I recognize as a blessing.

One time I had an argument with someone who tried to curse me by wishing me a dull life. I thought: I should be so lucky!

For several years my life was choke full o' excitement, what with family members dying off, and dealing with the fall out from my own bad choices.

You've heard the story before. And then came Eric....

And then came Eric. It's true.

Last night, post-infusion (they only stuck me twice trying to find a vein, but the nurse who gave me the shot with the giant needle did say that the first time she saw it she nearly fainted), post-American Idol results (which just confirms my worst thoughts about Americans), post-phone call with Tom (who has his own opinions re: American Idol)... after all of that ...

I tried to tell Eric how much I love him, and what I'd do in order to be near him. I told him that to be with him I'd trade the memory of every happy summer I'd ever had.

And Eric said, "Don't borrow trouble! That's ridiculous! No one's going to take any happy summer days from you, and you don't have to give up anything to be near me!"

Ha! He makes me laugh. I do love him so.

No comments: