Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm still around.

I haven't been blogging much lately. I've been in wait-and-see mode and haven't had much to report -- not even rants about Christians. I'm waiting and seeing about cancer progression, and I'm waiting and seeing how I feel day to day. I've had a nice week, but today I woke up with significant pain. I never know what to expect. Not knowing what to expect is a slow drain on my energy.

The pain that cancer has caused me thus far has always come and gone and come back again, making me quite the atypical "mets sister" with bone involvement. For most folks, bone pain due to cancer is constant and unrelenting. It's a barometer for how treatment is working.

For me, the pain has come and gone and come and gone throughout my Exciting Cancer Journey. Thus, I lack the cancer-activity-measuring-stick that some ladies have.

Of course, having a cancer-activity-measuring-stick on a daily basis is only good if the cancer's going away. Also, it's better to be without pain than with it, whatever's going on in CancerLand.

I know that folks never tire of hearing about my love for Eric (who is still the bitchingest fella I know) and my disdain for Christianity, but lately I've just been waiting waiting waiting. I hope I'm waiting for something good.

No comments: