Saturday, July 16, 2005

Saturday in Denver

It was a beautiful drive through the Rockies yesterday -- fields of wildflowers, mountain lakes, and perfect weather. My first impression of Denver was poor and reminiscent of L.A, with sprawling suburbs and smog. I do like downtown, though. There are many beautiful old buildings, and cool places to walk to if I felt like walking in 95 degree heat.

The Phil and Friends concert was fun last night. We're staying in a hotel just three blocks from the Fillmore, which is an old roller skating rink that's been converted to a music hall. The smell of marajuana permeates the hallways here at the Ramada.

Today we're lying low. Eric's been to the pool a few times and I'm in the room trying to make things right with my back, which is still tempermental.

Tonight we're going to see Phil at Red Rocks, and then tomorrow we head out to Custer, South Dakota. We'll stay in a hotel in Custer, and then switch to camping.

I don't have any pics to post, because my photography can't do the Rockies justice.

No comments: