Monday, January 14, 2008

Turn to face the strange chachachanges.

It was a better day than many recent ones. Went to work... was sometimes able to forget about being so green around the gills.

Eric and I met with my oncologist this afternoon. It's not quite a crisis, but it's getting there -- baaaad numbers coming back from tests... signs of serious liver problems pending... was told today that my liver is "going sour". I believe it.

So I'm done with my current regimen. I'll have a two week break. During that time I'll have yet another ct scan and bone scan. Then I'll start a new chemotherapy.

I was given several from which to choose. Doesn't matter much which one I choose on accounta each of them will either work (less likely) or won't (more likely).

Cancer treatments have diminishing returns, over all. Your best bet is your first line treatment. Your second best bet is your second line treatment. I'm looking at third line. It was gonna happen -- could have happen a year ago, and could have happened a year from now.

And, anyway, it's always a crap shoot. Having held the title of highest ranking female craps player, I know that anomaly happens.

So I'm hoping for an anomaly... a treatment that is 1. effective 2. for a bit & a while, that 3. doesn't make me feel too bad. Could happen.

Could.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope it does

Anonymous said...

...sigh...tear...hoping, yet again, for another year. sandy