Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Off

An uneventful 3-day weekend. Did a whole heap o' nothing.

Getting a bone scan tomorrow, which is a several hour process. First the injection of radioactive isotopes, then a loooooong wait.

Eric is going with me. It's just too much, now -- can't do it on my own.

I saw several pictures of my brother Mark today that I'd never seen before. He was killed in 1989. There was something about it ... the newness of the pictures, I think... that made me very sad. He looked so young. He was young when he died -- just twenty-six years old -- but he was still my big brother.

Now he's just a baby to me.

He told me once that he didn't think he'd live to be thirty. I can picture the oonversation. I can here his voice, hear his words. We were sitting on the front lawn of my familial home. I didn't think much of his prediction, and I still don't think he had a premonition. It was more like an unlucky guess, I think.

Anyway, those pictures threw me.

No comments: