Friday, November 23, 2007

Home Again

It was a good Thanksgiving. It was good beyond the wonderful food (the food was wonderful) and the fun gambling (the gambling was fun). It was goodgoodgood to be there with Eric, doing whatever it is that we do together that makes life so easy and pleasure so possible. I can't explain it. I'm just the happy recipient of this gift.

Driving home was good, as well. It doesn't matter what's rolling past our windows. Doesn't matter if it's desert or trees or the road rolling brown and black. We talk and sing songs and play games. Today we sang lines from bands or artists from A to Z. Who knew that "D" would be for Dido? A yet, somehow, it was. I would have put my money on Bob Dylan -- or even John Denver -- but as soon as D was called it was all about Dido. I only knew one like:

I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life.

Today wasn't the best day of my life, but whatever the best day of my life was... Eric was there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

was z zztop?
glad you had a such a good trip!

Martha said...

No, and it wasn't Warren Zevon, either! Z was for Zappa, Frank.

Eric sang something about Eskimoes and yellow snow. I'm not all that familiar with Zappa but Eric sure is.

Anonymous said...

Both Dido and you totally rock!!
Who was Q?

Martha said...

I believe that Eric took Q, and that he chose Queen.

"Mamaaaaaa... just killed a maaaaaan...."

Anonymous said...

hey, frank zappa has a song called 'doreen'. not bad, given that my name is the sole preserve of elderly english charladies