Monday, July 23, 2007

All You Need Is

Yesterday was an excellent day. We made our way into Las Vegas slowly, and arrived with plenty of time to gamble and rest before attending the 10:00 PM performance of Cirque du Soleil's Love.

Eric and I sat side-by-side at the Mirage, making small slot machine bets and smiling at each other. I felt so lucky. I still do.

The theater was comfortable (an important factor for me these days) and the show was amaaaaaazing. Truly. No article, photograph, or clip could ever do it justice.

The pain from cancer is starting to return. This is not big news. I've been two months without weekly treatment -- two glorious months -- and so the familiar ache begins. My spine, my pelvis, my hip... and the first green sprouts of wheezing in my lungs.

When I was feeling so awful from treatment, I forgot what it was like to feel well. In the short time I've felt well, I forgot what it was like to feel bad.

I must be the world's simplest person.

I looked in the mirror yesterday and saw eyebrows. Somehow they'd snuck up on me. I have eyebrows and eyelashes. Isn't that a beautiful thing? And my nose doesn't bleed and my fingers aren't blistered, and and and ...

Eric's at the pool and I'm still in bed and it will be another a good good day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to the LOVE show. it was beautiful, I hope is is the best time for you guys.

Martha said...

It was really wonderful -- would love to see it again!