Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Well, shoot.

The SLZ Unified School District office has been poorly maintained. This is partially due to the neglect of the maintenance staff -- they are often criticized, and some of the criticism is valid. However, in a school district that's perpetually short on funds, dollars are prioritized to school sites (as they should be).

Unfortunately, the building has a bit of a mold problem. Actually, it seems to be a BIG mold problem. Also: two offices were found to have a particularly nasty green-black mold in the air, Stachybotrys chartarum, that is a toxigenic mold. My office is one of them.

I'm not allowed back into my workspace. There's some question as to whether I'll even be able to remove papers from my office. I'll be displaced for the rest of the school year and probably into the fall. I can't even imagine how I can do my job without my files and equipment.

Oh, well.

No comments: