Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mold

If I didn't have bigger fish to fry stress-wise, I'd find this mold situation pretty awful.

My job is an old school job. This isn't a 21st Century gig. I can't just plug a laptap into a workstation and get to work.

My job involves paper. Paper lists with items checked off.... stacks and stacks of alphabetized forms... information in triplicate -- white, yellow, pink.

I use index cards. The department uses equipment. There are floor to ceiling cabinets: scoliometers, audiometers, expensive little books for testing color vision. There are syringes and alcohol wipes. There's a refrigerator containing medications.

There are logs with signatures in blue ink.

So, yes, while having word processing and spreadsheet programs is good, and access to the district database is required, what I really need is to be at my desk, surrounded by stacks and stacks of contaminated, spore-y papers.

NM is as even-keeled as I am, and she finds this stressful. CN fled the building shortly after the Mold Meeting, very nearly holding a napkin over her mouth and nose.

I have to say that while this isn't the end of the world, it's pretty much pushing the envelope of inconvenience.

Not to mention having breathed in that moldy green black nastiness for a year and a half.

Phooey.

No comments: