Wednesday, May 03, 2006

One more Wednesday Night

It was fine today once I was set up with the IV. Usually I read during the 2 hour infusion, and Eric often grades papers, but today we just talked and laughed.

Eric told me a nice story about a rainy night he spent in a campground with friends. It was raining too hard for them to set up tents, and so they stayed up all night in the van, taking turns reading out loud from a paperback copy of Huckleberry Finn.

That's a nice memory, and Eric has a bunch o' them. It was a new story to me, which was a nice surprise. I know his stories so well, and I know Eric so well, that sometimes his memories feel like they're my memories. Having someone hold your life so closely is such an amazing thing. I worry that Eric will be lonely without me. I know he'll be lonely without me -- and it makes me absolutely crazy to not be able to do anything about it.

If there's ever a Camp Martha without me -- an unlikely occurrence, but if -- I would like all of the campers to remind Eric how wonderful he is, and how much I loved (more than anything, more than I ever could have anticipated and imagined) my life with him.

This weekend we're going to SF-MOMA for the Calder exhibit (which we didn't get to last weekend) on Saturday, and on Sunday we're going on a guided wildflower walk in Coe State Park.

Next weekend we're going to Yosemite.

And the weekend after that we're going to a play on Saturday, and to a fundraiser at the Bay Meadows Horse Races on Sunday.

It's good to have fun stuff planned.

No comments: