Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Update

I haven't blogged in several days, so I've probably lost all two of my regular readers. We've had house guests, and it's been great fun, but I haven't been online for days.

The results from my bone scan are in, and they aren't great. I have cancer in one of my vertebrae (T10) and in several ribs. It sucks. Also -- in the last two days I've developed quite a bit of pain ... taking dilaudid for that and thinking about radiation.

Oh, well.

New Year's was fun... VERY fun, and I danced & laughed & carried on. That wheel of fortune suuuuure keeps spinning.

I'm off to Reno tomorrow, despite the pain. I can't think of any reason to stay home. This is my life, and it doesn't make sense to wait for better days when I don't know if better days are coming.

I have wonderful friends, and my husband is not only wonderful, but to me he represents the best-case-husband-scenario. I should be so happy. I've been so happy the last few days. But I'm not happy now.

I sure wish my first blog entry of 2006 could contain better news.

No comments: