Monday, January 09, 2006

Broken Record

I'm a broken record when it comes to Eric.  I know I am -- I just don't know what else to do.
 
We've had two weeks off and have spent almost every moment together, but it's not enough.  We've been apart for an hour or two, here and there, but that's about it.  There's never enough time to spend with Eric.
 
We've had house guests for seven nights of our two weeks off.  The largest group at one time was on New Year's Eve, when we had six folks staying over.
 
We attended two concerts, and one play.
 
We went to church, and heard our wonderful friend Tom play his harp (beautifully).
 
We served an elaborate Christmas dinner to family and friends.
 
We had dinner at our favorite San Francisco restaurant.
 
We bought a new car.
 
We learned that the cancer had progressed to my vertebrae and ribs.
 
We took a roadtrip to Reno with Lisa.
 
We played poker with friends.
 
We actually completed the Doodle Art we started more than a decade ago.
 
... and that's really just scratching the surface.  There's so much more that happened, and all of it -- every moment -- was framed by my love and life with my husband.
 
I should be in bed.  I'm working tomorrow, and I'll be tired and it'll be hard. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Em! said...

i was just randomly looking at people's blogs when i came across yours. you have a lovely blog. and you and your husband sound so happy together. :)

-Em