Thursday, December 22, 2005

I can't help it! It's not interesting!

I've been reading blogs lately, and I've decided that mine is among the most boring. The very worst blogs are the teenage blogs with names like "My Boring Life" and "Meaningless Ramblings". My blog isn't in that category, but it's close.

I've been feeling better. I have more energy, and less pain in general. I don't even care if my new "good" is closer to my old "bad" than my old "good". I just feel better, and I'll take it!

I started my new drug today -- another aromatase inhibitor, similar to the Arimidex I was taking until the fracture of my clavicle. So, for the blog-record (and this is just one the reasons my blog is so generally unentertaining), my current treatment is:

A monthly, 2-hour infusion of Aredia (a biophosphonate class drug, which reduces bone pain and the risk of fracture),

A monthly, abdominal, injection of Goserelin (a drug that inhibits the production of leutenizing hormone by the pintuitary gland, which leads to a reduction in estrogen), and

A daily dose of Aromasin (a drug that stops the enzyme aromatase from turning adrogen into estrogen... meaning less estrogen floating around my bloodstream to lock onto my estrogen-friendly cancer cells and encourage their growth).

None of these treatments are considered chemotherapies, which are generally not as well-tolerated. I'm still holding on to the notion that I can have a good run with hormonal treatments.

I am having a bone scan next week and the two injections, two days apart, the week after.

That's all the medical news from my corner of Oakland (and another unimpressive blog entry, I know).

No comments: