Thursday, December 08, 2005

I can't believe I'm up this late.

I've been going to bed soooo early. I've been sad in the evenings -- sad and tired, or perhaps sad because I'm tired. I've been in bed by 9:30, and that's been nice. Plenty o' sleep. And Eric makes me hot chocolate whenever I ask. That's nice, too.

Work has been busy -- those five, repetitive meetings... five times guidelines for reimbursement of Medi-cal referrals. That'll make for a long work day.

I still like blogging. I like writing about Eric. I'm not sure if anyone's noticed that.

I had a terrible cold during my first Christmas with Eric. He drove me around Oakland and environs, searching Christmas tree lot after Christmas tree lot, on a dark, cold, damp, night. He'd pull out the trees and spin them around for me. Then we'd take another tour of the lot, and he'd pull out the trees and spin them around again.

I didn't know that I was going to spend the next seventeen years loving him more and more. I didn't know that we'd get married. I didn't forsee any of it -- couldn't have imagined it, really. But I did know that he was good and sweet and kind. I knew that I wanted to know him for a long, long, time.

No comments: