Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Hump Day

Eric and I met with my new oncologist this morning.

I slept in just a bit... got up a half hour later than usual. Eric and I drank coffee and wrapped Christmas presents, then sat and looked at the tree for a while. It was a nice morning with Eric.

The appointment with the new oncologist went well. Nothing new came out of it except a small change in my medication, but I have more confidence in this doctor's knowledge of breast cancer than I had in the last.

I went to work after the appointment. After work, Eric and I went to the lab at Kaiser to have blood drawn. While we waited we sat across from two women, a daughter and elderly mother.

As I was having blood drawn, the elderly woman went to Eric and told him how much she enjoyed sitting across from us and seeing how nice we were to each other. She said she hoped we have a hundred years together. Me, too. And it still wouldn't be enough.

No comments: