Thursday, October 19, 2006

Why not orange? It's nearly Halloween, isn't it?

Pink. Pink. Pink.

I read a few blogs written by women who have or have had breast cancer. This is one situation where the Have Nots are sitting prettier than the Haves. For reals.

So... I'm reading a blog, and the woman writes excitedly about all of the pink pink pink pink everywhere.

She makes reference to pink products by Serta mattress, KitchenAid, and Tic Tacs. There are pink Fuji digital cameras and Ford Motor Company has a line of cancer pink clothing. Wilson is selling pink tennis balls. There's a Better Homes and Gardens special edition pink plaid cookbook. She couldn't be more delighted. And then she writes:

Dear fellow survivors, we are being honored this month. Not for having this disease, but honored for beating it. These people and companies want us to keep on living! This is also a good time to share your experience with co-workers, neighbors and acquaintances.


Hmmmm. There's no honor in dying of cancer, I suppose.

Money for research is a good thing. Money for research is a good thing. I'll keep telling myself that when I start to feel that I'm drowning in a sea of...

Pink.

No comments: