Monday, September 18, 2006

Well... back from the oncologist.

It was actually a little bit worse than I expected, but it's nice to know that I can still be surprised. ;)

Highlights are that I now have mets to my liver. That's completely new. There's progression in my lungs, and LOTS of progression in my bones. After listing many new sites of bone mets the report concluded with words like extensive, widespread, and new.

I've been thinking about it, and really except for DEGREE, the only thing that could be worse would be hearing that I have mets in my brain, and to be frank they haven't checked for that yet.

They took some plain films today of my right hip and femur-- trying to ascertain the extent of the "hole" as the onc put it, so that we know if they should radiate me or put a pin in my leg before radiating me so that my leg doesn't fracture.

So, there it is. I plan on going to work tomorrow, but my mood comes with no warranties!

No comments: