Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Morning

I have an 8:30 AM appointment in the Chemotherapy Suite this morning. I've been informed that this first round of chemo will take aaaall day. First they'll give me a few drugs to ward off allergic reactions -- Benadryl, Decadron (yes, the drug that made me ravenously hungry and crazy), and somethin' else I can't remember.

Then they'll give me the Taxol and the Avastin. Not sure of the order, but I know that the first time they'll infuse it slowly and watch my response. Each week they'll speed up the process so that eventualy it will just take a few hours (I think).

The area around my new port hurts some, but it's not bad. I have two small incisions. One runs diagonally, about an inch long, beneath my right clavicle. The second is just half an inch, high and toward my neck, in the area of my jugular vein. Both are held with just a few dissolvable sutures and then covered with large globs of superglue. I have small incisions within fields of dried glue. If I'd known I would've brought the doctor some glitter to sprinkle on it before it dried.

I'm in less pain than I was last week. I know that I should probably try to ramp up my attitude some. It's hard to be gung ho.

No comments: