Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Toozday

I enjoyed the concert on Sunday... enjoyed the opportunity to dance, even if it was just a little bit of dancing... and to be drawn, again & as always, into the collective consciousness that is created by that music, those people, that scene. It's a challenge to describe. It was good.

It was also a difficult weekend. The symptoms associated with chemotherapy seem to advance at a rapid pace. My fingers and toes are numb. My hair is coming out in clumps. My nose bleeds & bleeds & bleeds & bleeds. And I've only had two treatments. What will life be like after eight? Or ten?

And will the treatments "work" at all?

Honestly, I usually don't even conjecture that much. I just go through my days and focus on having as good a time as possible. Sadlysadly, I know many women who share this disease, and prognosis, and symptoms. I don't know any women in my position who have been able to maintain the quality of life I've maintained. So far. Knock wood.

I am very, very, fortunate in that -- it's good fortune, and an amazing, wonderful, handsome, smart, funny, husband, and it's also my will. It's what I've chosen to do, for both myself and my adorable husband.

I'm just rambling now.

I should really get back to work and try to write about this stuff later.

Maybe. We'll see.

No comments: