Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday

It's an odd-not-haha-funny world when chemotherapy is the good news, but my good news today is chemotherapy. I spent nearly seven hours in the blue plastic recliner, hooked up to an IV and receiving all of the drugs in my regimen - taxol, avastin, aredia, benadryl, and decadron. I also continued to take narcotics every three hours and an anti-nausea medication to offset the ickiness that arrives two days after completing chemotherapy.

The plain films showed no immediate risk of fracture. Here's what they say:

Radiology Examination Report: L Femur, AP & Lateral; R Femur, AP & Lateral

Findings - There are sclerotic foci in the proximal femoral shafts and necks bilaterally. Sclerotic foci particularly in the left pubic ramus and ischium are also seen. There is a sclerotic focus at the base of the Rt acetabulum near the foves.

More ditally, on the left, there may be a few tiny clerotic foci which could be metastases also.

Impression - Sclerotic bony metastases, greatest in the area of the left hip.




Radiology Examination Report: Hip Bilateral

Findings - Numerous Sclerotic foci are seen in the pelvic, including both illiac spines areas, the left illium near the SI joint, the lower lumbar spine and sacrum. The left and right ischii, the proximal femurs, and the pubic rami on the left side have disproportionate sclertotic metastases also.

Impression - Numerous bony sclerotic metastases.


That's about enough thinking for me for one day -- even the typing is more taxing than I'd like. I've fallen sleep twice & have had to erase stuff like kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. So I think I'll sign off now.

No comments: