Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wow.

We arrived home last night from our two weeks on the road -- two weeks and we slept in ten different cities. It was a wonderful trip... so much to see & do, and so many lovely hours with Eric.

A funny thing happened on the way to accomplish the mission, part B. I largely stopped caring!

Initially I wanted to go back to the places I'd been. I wanted to visit my father's old home town and spend time at the cemetery in Balmorhea. Mission accomplished and it was a more powerful experience than I had anticipated. It was a good.

I also wanted to go to Long Beach, California -- the place I often refer to as "the scene of the crime". It's no secret to any of my three regular readers that I didn't have a very good time there. I wanted to see where I'd been, and maybe confront a ghost or two.

I discovered that if there are ghosts there, they are as common & harmless as dust bunnies.


Just another house in Long Beach, CA

I walked around my old schools, drove by the house where I lived. It was all pretty and tidy. I loved the weather, loved the flowers everywhere, loved being there with Eric and telling him my stories. Some of the stories were sad, but I wasn't sad.

It was a sunny day, and I was there with my adorable husband.

So... we scraped the boohooing over the past and spent two hardcore days at Disneyland. I hadn't been in over twenty years. It was wonderfully nostalgic and there was so much that was "new to me" that it totally rocked. Here's what I have to say about spending 48 hours in Disneyland every twenty years: Wheeeeeeeeeee!


It's actually a big world, but the ride is still good fun.


Since we've been home all I've done is sleep. We are exhausted, and we leave for Hawaii on Tuesday.

What a summer!

No comments: