Sunday, August 19, 2007

Going Home

I can't believe we're going home today! I don't know why I can't believe it -- we've certainly wrung as much goodness out of the summer as we could. But this morning we don't want to go home. We want more. More goodness.

Also: our house used to be my favorite place in the world, which is a great way to live. I loooooved our house and I looooooved being home. When we would go on vacation I'd be homesick.

It seemed like our house was always full of people and fun and happy diversions. We had parties... dinner parties and dance parties and chair dancing parties and cocktail parties. And we had houseguests... one person would leave and two would replace him or her.

Now my home feels like someplace I stay when I feel sick. There are no more parties. There's no music. There's just chemotherapy and work and impending death and feeling like shit.

So -- yeah -- we don't want the summer to end.

Ima try to drag it out a bit energetically, but I don't know if these old bones will cooperate.

Getting ready for the airport now.

No comments: