Sunday, November 26, 2006

About Christmas


My father addressed this letter to Santa in 1968. Mark asked for a bubble pipe and a Green Ghost.

I remember stringing popcorn for the tree with Paul and Mark -- a bowl of plain popcorn for stringing and a bowl of buttered popcorn for eating.

I do have happy memories of Christmas at home with my family. I liked the holidays that brought our family together. It was fun to see John and Doni and the girls... Jane and Mary and Chuck and Scotty. There were better years and happy occasions.

I wasn't created from whole cloth in the moment that I met Eric even though sometimes it feels that way to me. I brought something with me, and Eric wouldn't have stayed at the end of that fateful summer had I been completely wretched. Thank God I wasn't completely wretched!

Just wanted to set the record straight.

Work tomorrow, and despite an entire week off I feel like I'm going back tooooo sooooon.

No comments: