Monday, February 04, 2008

NotherDay

Last night I was thinking about what I'd do if I felt good for a day. I thought & thought about it, but the answer wasn't difficult to find. If I could feel good for one day I'd walk & walk in the sunshine with Eric. And I'd have a picnic, and I'd eat fruit and bread and cheese. I'd kiss Eric, because kissing isn't first priority when you're queasy for a month or two at a time.

It sounds so much like puppy dogs and rainbows and I hate that stuff. I hate sounding so wistful and that my dreams are so small, but there it is. It feels huge. Walking and sunshine and Eric. And I'd laugh and I'd want to talk to each one of my friends and laugh with them, too.

I swear I'd trade the last five months for one day. But there's no magic and no trades.

3 comments:

Pickle and Peanut Eating Hawaii said...

I don't think your dreams are small at all.

Anonymous said...

actually, your dreams are very cool.

Martha said...

It's not Eric and sunshine that are small, but the notion that I'd trade five months for one day. But... it hardly matters... as so far the fates haven't made me any offers.